Share this page

CN Right of Way Insurance Requirements

Are you a contractor? Planning to work within the property or right of way of any CN companies in the U.S.?

If so, here’s what you need to do:

  • Your company must obtain Railroad Protective Liability Insurance (“RPL Insurance”) in the amount of $5,000,000.00 per occurrence and $10,000,000.00 aggregate, in the name of the appropriate CN entity.
  • You can obtain RPL Insurance through your insurance broker or, even easier, through Railroad Protective Solutions
  • Read the documents below to find out how to comply with CN's requirements (or call Railroad Protective Solutions at 877-551-1677 for details).

 Contractor RPL Application

 Contractor RPL Rate Quotes

  Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

For more information about RPL Insurance, visit:

CN is providing links to this third party website as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link to the third party site does not imply any endorsement, approval, investigation, verification, or monitoring by CN of TAS Insurance Group, Inc or any content or information contained within or accessible from the linked site. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any opinions, advice, services or other information provided by TAS Insurance Group, Inc. CN does not control the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or appropriateness of the content or information on the linked site. If you choose to visit the linked site you will be subject to its terms of use and privacy policies. In no event will CN or its related, affiliated, and subsidiary companies be responsible for any information or content within the linked site or your use of the linked site, or be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the information on or your use of the linked site. By continuing to the linked site you agree to the foregoing.