Monitor your shipments
The eBusiness tools listed below allow you to monitor the status of your shipments. Read on for features offered by each tool.
Intermodal Shipment Status
Our eBusiness Tool, Intermodal Shipment Status, provides you with specific information for the proper and timely management of your intermodal shipments, including:
- The current status of your shipment
- A breakdown of any missing or outstanding documentation required
- The current customs status
- The current steamship status
- First storage date
- Dollar amount due – if any
- Guarantee storage
Quick Trace allows you to trace your railcar, trailer or container to determine it's current status, location and estimated time of arrival at destination.
You can track your shipments using:
- Equipment ID - the trailer or container initials and number
- Shipment ID - shipper provided reference number, that is a reference number you provide on the Bill of Lading or Shipping Instructions
Quick Trace also provides:
- Estimated time of arrival
- Last location and event
- Train ID or track location
- Links to the CN map, trip plan, shipment weights, equipment specifications, and Shipping Instructions details for each shipment
- Multiple output formats (ETA, location, reference, etc.)
- Online output with capability to download as a PDF or spreadsheet
My Shipments allows you to track all the shipments in your pipeline with just one click. We provide event reporting for your railcars, trailers or containers, based on the waybill parameters you specify – whether your shipments are on CN or on another railroad. Use this tool to:
- Get estimated time of arrival (ETA)
- Obtain delivery date and time
- View shipping origin and release date
- Find last location event
- Find train ID or track location
- Track all shipments in “bad order” or hold
My Shipments reporting can be customized based on the criteria you choose, including shipper, consignee, commodity, container initial, final destination, customs broker, notify party and many other choices.
Estimated time of arrival (ETA) for Intermodal Unit
In My Shipments, Quick Trace, and Intermodal Direct Tools, you will see whether your unit is in transit or has arrived at the terminal, and the time it will be available.
When the unit is in transit:
- If the ETA shows “Arrived”, the available time has not been determined yet. Please check back periodically.
- If the ETA shows “Deramped”, the unit should be available for pick-up at the future date and time indicated.
- If the status event (event) shows “Deramped”, the unit is available for pick-up.