Working together is what we do here at CN. We know that it takes the right team to keep things moving, and that’s exactly why we work closely with our partners to be able to provide great service, especially with the port and terminal operators.
You may have heard the term “SLA” (or service level agreements) been thrown around before, but it’s time now make it clear. Together, the ports, terminals, and CN have agreed on and committed to joint objectives.
We all measure and compare results on a daily basis - — things like the speed at which containers leave the port - ^ and when something is off, we find a solution, together. We’ve even gone as far as stationing Port Managers at many of the key port in Canada, so that we can truly work as one and have continuous interaction.
To date, we have signed supply chain agreements with:
- Halifax Port Authority and terminal operators Ceres and Haltherm
- Port Metro Vancouver and terminal operators TSI Terminal Services, DP World, and Squamish Terminals
- Port of Quebec and terminal operator IMTT
- Prince Rupert Port Authority and terminal operator Maher Terminals
- Montreal Port Authority and terminal operators MGT and Termont