For CN, Environmental sustainability involves making decisions and taking action that protect the environment, supporting the communities in which we operate. Basically, we invest in initiatives that promote more sustainable business practices.
The CN Stronger Communities Fund supports organizations who are actively engaged in:
- Protecting the natural environment by reducing waste and pollution through important conservation strategies.
- Promoting innovative solutions towards reducing the carbon footprint and conserving natural resources.
If you are involved in projects that exemplify environmental stewardship and that do not appear on our list of exceptions, we invite you to submit a proposal for consideration to the CN Stronger Communities Fund.
From The Ground Up
One of the initiatives we support is EcoConnexions, a program CN launched with Tree Canada and Communities in Bloom to help municipalities and First Nations communities across Canada improve our national landscape for future generations to enjoy.
CN's EcoConnexions From the Ground Up program seeks applications for tree planting and other greening programs in communities across its network, with a particular emphasis on properties adjacent to its rail lines.
Why this initiative?
- Trees help beautify communities
- Trees provide natural noise and visual barriers
- Trees provide many other environmental and social benefits
From an environmental sustainability perspective, CN's From the Ground Up program is another demonstration of the social, environmental and economical benefits it brings to green spaces — making Canadian communities better places to live in, work in and visit.
Complete details on the program and an application form are available at www.cnfromthegroundup.ca.