When our fellow railroaders give back to the community, it makes us proud. And it motivates us to be the best we can possibly be. If there was anything that deserves recognition, it’s these acts of kindness.
The CN Railroaders in the Community program recognizes the efforts of our employees and retirees by providing grants to the community-based charitable organizations they choose to support through their volunteer efforts. The program includes the following:
- Employee Volunteer Grant: $1,000
- CN Family Volunteer Grant: $250
- Matched Fundraising Grant: $250 for individual and up to $1000 for a team of four (4) CN employees
- Youth Amateur Sports Volunteer Grant: $500
- Retired Employee Volunteer Grant: $500
How it works
Are you eligible for a CN Railroaders in the Community grant?
- You are an eligible CN employee, a family member or a retired employee who volunteers at least 40 hours at an eligible charitable organization from January 1 to November 30 within a calendar year.
- You are participating in a recognized and/or sanctioned fundraising initiative.
Your volunteer work helps your community and CN's contribution magnifies your efforts with a donation. It's a win-win situation for everybody.